Earth Day is April 22nd, but at Three Cutters, we celebrate all month long! We have teamed up with TWO incredible companies to raise awareness of the importance of clean water!
GLOBAL GREENGRANTS FUND is a non-profit organization that works tirelessly to provide and protect clean water sources to communities around the world. How can you help? Stop buy either Three Cutters locations and pick up a Light the Way candle. 100% of the profits go towards GGGF and their mission. This year's limited edition soy wax candle's aroma is Haitian vetiver and comes in a glass container made of 100% reclaimed beverage bottles. WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES is a another local non-profit located in Boulder who has spent over 25 Years protecting the West's land, air, and water to ensure that vibrant communities thrive in balance with nature.
Right now the 3C crew is offering a special incentive when you buy a Light the Way candle: upon your purchase you'll receive 3 raffle tickets to enter in your choice of a Furry Scurry Doggy Basket of Goodies OR a set of Shampure's dry shampoo and thermal conditioner. Want to increase your chances of winning some of these stellar prizes? You can purchase additional raffle tickets (one for $5 or three for $10) every dollar raised in our efforts for Earth month will go towards these amazing companies.
How can you make earth day every day? Here's a few tips!
• Start a compost at home: 20-30% of our waste we throw out comes from food scraps and yard waste. By composting instead, you can reduce your annual waste watch year!
• Sort your recycling: Most public businesses and community centers have recycling bins that will allow you to add your own recycling. The three easiest items to separate are paper, plastic, and glass.
• Shorten your showers: Save water by cutting down your shower time or skip a day all together with the assistance of Aveda's dry shampoo and your favorite chakra aroma!
• Carpool: You save on gas, you get to ride with friends, and you help cut down on air pollution
• Reusable water bottles: On average, if you drank four plastic bottles a day, one reusable water bottle can save you 1,460 bottles a year.
• Reusable bags: one reusable or cloth bag can save one person THOUSANDS of plastic bags.